Oh sweet baby-boo boy.
That is the phrase you will overhear at my house. That is the phrase I sing to my baby-boos while I am cooking or cleaning or hanging out.
And as much as I love those baby-boo's something's gotta give. And so, Gobbie will be leaving us to go live with another family. :(
I finally got to my breaking point last night. I just couldn't handle everything going on in life.
And something had to go:
1. photo biz 2. house 3. marriage 4.dog
I think the decision was pretty obvious.
As sweet as I think Gob COULD be, he is a very energetic puppy and always wants to play. Stryker just wants to sit by me and he's happy as a clam. Let him look at the window and he'll sit there for hours. Sometimes, Stryker will "sleep in" on Saturday morning until noon...past Seth. And Gob is up at 5.00 sharp and ready to play. It just isn't a good fit. He needs more attention and different attention than we can give him.
And it was a hard decision especially since Seth is having a really hard, emotional time with it. But I know it's right. I know life can't continue on like this. It's time. So, thankfully, I've found someone who is sooo excited for him and he'll be living in a house without another dog which I think will be good for him. He's much calmer when Stryker isn't around.
And I won't have to keep cleaning up poop and pee in the kitchen and hearing Seth get frustrated with him.
So, this week is very emotion for both of us. Seth and I had a little cry session yesterday and talked through alot of crap that needed to be talked about and I felt much better after that. And I feel better knowing the Gob situation is done and dealt with and we can move on.
The lady is going to give me a check for him tonight and then pick him up tomorrow or Thursday which is good. We have another day to say goodbye and then move on. I know it will all work out for the best. I think I have put the dog's interest and our best interest at heart.
And that's the scoop.


No comments:
Post a Comment