Friday, December 18, 2009

Yesterday was a frustrating day in Operation No-Nag. It took every ounce of self control to not whine and nag and complain to Seth about forgotten chores and tasks.
And as I was cleaning up the kitchen, I thought about how I take certain things for granted.
Like my memory.
I have a good memory. In fact, last week a client called me and was amazed that I remembered her cell phone number, which she had only told me once weeks ago. I don't know how it works, but it just does. Once it goes in, it just sits there and I can remember it. Especially numbers.
So, to be asked to do something or told something is really a given that I will remember it in 4 hours. It is shocking to me that someone can't remember something told to them 30 minutes ago. It's difficult to remember that not everyone is like this. To me, it's just the way it's always been and seems like it's the norm. Like when I discovered as a 14 year old at a friend's house that there were different options for milk besides skim.

Anyway, today is our last wedding of the year. And it will be fun. The groom and I went to high school together and all his groomsmen as well so that will be nice to see everyone. I think the day will go smoothly, I hope, and be fun for Seth & I. I am going to work a little this morning while Seth sleeps and try to finish everything I have on my plate before Christmas!!
So, I better hop to it.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm excited to see you at the wedding!

And your memory is freakishly good.

maryflorence said...

haha.
Since we only saw each other for one second, I think a little January hangout is in order. It's my turn to come to you!!